· Many of our greenhouses are so large that our growers use bicycles to get around!
· Tomatoes are best stored at room temperature as they will stop ripening and lose flavour
once their temperature drops below 54.5º F (12.5º C).
· Our tomato vines can grow as long as 40 ft (12 m)!
· Tomatoes contain lycopene, a powerful natural antioxidant that has been clinically
proven to reduce the harmful effects of UV rays in addition to reducing the risks of some
kinds of cancers.
· Sun Drops™ Sweet Grape Tomatoes are a good source of Vitamin A and an excellent
source of Vitamin C.
· Baby Roma tomatoes are a popular choice when making sauces because of their low
water content and their solid body texture.
· Blended Flavours are made up of 5 carefully picked varieties of snack-sized tomatoes.
Each tomato has a unique colour, pattern, taste and texture, ensuring no two bites are
· The colour of a Tomato is determined by flavonoids and carotenoids. Curio™ Tomatoes
lack the yellow coloured flavonoid in their peel, giving them their pink colour.
· What makes Heirloom tomatoes so unique is they’re grown from seeds that have been
passed down for over 50 years. Known for their “old fashioned” flavour, Heirloom
Tomatoes vary in colour, pattern, taste and texture.
· Prova tomatoes are smaller in size than traditional on-the-vine tomatoes, yet larger than
snack-sized varieties such as cocktail tomatoes. Because of their unique size, they are
known for their superior flavour and multiple uses.
· Sun Bites, like its sister variety Sun Drops™, are sweet grape tomatoes. Grown in clusters
(like actual grapes), they have a thick skin, little water content, and are rich in
· Sun Drops™ Sweet Grape Tomatoes are a sweet and nutritious snack. As a great
addition to any meal. They are low in sodium, and an excellent source of vitamin A,
vitamin C, vitamin K and potassium.
· Similar in size and shape to actual cherries (hence the name), Cherry Tomatoes are thin
skinned and bursting with juice. Best known for their sweet flavour, Cherry Tomatoes will
continue to ripen after they are picked.
· Sweet Grape Tomatoes are like a mix between Roma and Cherry Tomatoes. They’re
oblong in shape (like Roma tomatoes), yet small and bite-sized (like cherry tomatoes).
They grow in clusters on the vine, similar to grapes. (hence the name).
· Tango Pink™ Tomatoes have a uniquely balanced flavour of sweetness and acidity.
These tomatoes have a higher sugar content than regular cherry tomatoes, and are
great for salads, stuffing and snacking.
· The unique appearance of Terreno™ Tomatoes can change in colour from a green colour,
to its ideal DARK brown colour when ripe. Unlike most red coloured tomato varieties,
Terreno™ tomatoes can be enjoyed at any colour stage.
· Vero™ Tomatoes are superior in taste because they are picked with the tomatoes still
attached to the vine. This allows them to draw in nutrients and enhance their natural
flavours as they travel from the greenhouse to your dinner table.
· Cucumbers are a great low calorie snack, good for digestion, and high in potassium.
· Seedless Cucumbers are ready to be picked only 3 weeks after seedlings are planted!
· The phrase ‘cool as a cucumber’ may be based upon the fact that the inside
temperature of a cucumber can be up to 20º cooler than its outside temperature.
· Mini Cucumbers are a botanical fruit, but are widely treated as a vegetable in the
· Cutecumbers™ from Mucci Farms are not waxed and do not need to be peeled.
· 1 Bella Sweets™ Super Sweet Mini Pepper contains nearly 100% of your daily Vitamin C!
· From March to November, one pepper plant will produce over 100 mini peppers!
· Depending on preparation methods, Rustico™ Sweet Long Peppers contain between
75% - 300% more Vitamin C than citrus fruits by weight.
· With few seeds and thick walls, Rustico™ Sweet Long Peppers are great for roasting and
grilling, and their sweet flavour won’t leave your mouth burning!
· Yellow peppers contain the most Vitamin C, followed by red, orange and green.
· Bell peppers originated in South America, with seeds from a wild variety dating back
to 5000 BC.
· Studies have shown that the capsaicin in peppers reduces ‘bad’ cholesterol, controls
diabetes, brings relief from pain and eases inflammation.
· Sweet to the Point™ Mini Pointed Peppers are as healthy as they are versatile. Chock full
of vitamins, these peppers contain high levels of Vitamin C, which helps strengthen the
immune system, prevent cardiovascular disease, eye disease and even skin wrinkling.
· Eggplants are approximately composed of 95% water.
· Eggplant is a low-sodium, fat free food that is relatively high in fibre.
· Though commonly thought to be a vegetable, Eggplants are actually classified as berries
due to their ability to bare seeds within their body.
· Eggplant plants can grow as tall as 5 feet.
· Over a century ago, Eggplants were primarily grown as an ornamental plant.
· Naked Leaf Living Lettuce keeps its crisp, fresh flavour longer than other lettuces because
we leave the root on.
· Fresh herbs are a very rich source of many essential nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that
are required for optimum health.
· Arugula is a great source of folic acid and vitamins A, C and K, which are important for
the absorption of calcium into the bones and teeth. Arugula provides a boost for bone
and brain health.
· Basil acts as an anti-oxidant. Fresh basil leaf in water is known to have a calming effect.
It soothes coughing, aids indigestion and helps facilitate relaxation.
· Watercress is considered a detox food since it helps energize cleansing enzymes in
· Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside. On average, they contain roughly
200 seeds per berry.
· Strawberries are high in vitamins B6, C, K, fibre, amino acids, folic acid and potassium.
· It’s believed that strawberries may help reduce the risk of certain cancers and
· Research suggests that eating strawberries as a pre-workout snack increases endurance
and calorie burning. This is because strawberries contain high levels of nitrate, which
increases oxygen and blood flow to the muscles.