Based at: Corporate office located in Kingsville, Ontario
Reports to: Not Specified
Type of Employment:Full-Time employment, 5-days a week; and some additional hours which may include Saturdays, depending on workload, priorities and travel requirements.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with new and existing customers.
- Generate new customer leads by researching internet/Bluebook/Redbook/PMA .
- Meet established sales goals for accounts and develop on-going strategies within each account.
- Understand and manage daily pricing with projected market declines and increases, projecting seasonal pricing.
- Expand new business by focusing on customer needs and market potential
- Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process. Track customer orders from start to finish.
- Answer customer’s questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Participate in division activities (e.g., sales meetings, food shows, promotion programs) in order to promote sales increase product knowledge, and maintain good customer relations.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of produce sales experience.
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent customer service skills are key factors in the success of this role.
- Drive and motivation to generate new business, and maintain current relationships.
- Travel required
- Experience with customer service, outside sales, client relationship management, prospecting, negotiating, and presenting.