Based at: Mucci Farms Kingsville, ON
Reports to: Not Specified
Type of Employment:Full time employment
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Communicate H&S policies, procedures, and provide updates to the business as required
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements of the Ministry of Labor, OHSA, and WSIB
- Enforce and maintain corporate health & safety policies and standards
- Conduct health & safety inspection of Greenhouse, packinghouse and bunkhouses to ensure compliance OHSA.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, and recommend corrective actions.
- Coordinate and conduct training sessions for all employees regarding health and safety practices and legislation
- Communicate H&S policies, procedures, training and orientation manuals, and provide updates on weekly accident and injury reports.
- Inspect work areas, machinery and equipment for potential accident and health hazards with Safety concerns.
- Assist in accident investigations and prepare accident and/or injury reports.
- Data entry and presentation development, document and record keeping of health & safety activities
- Lead the sanitation & hygiene team: develop and implement cleaning/sanitation programs.
- Assist with other tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum High School Diploma, but Post-Secondary Degree will be considered as an asset.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in the Health and Safety discipline, Greenhouse or Packinghouse work experiences will be considered as an asset.