Based at: Mucci Farms Kingsville, ON
Reports to: Not Specified
Type of Employment:Full time employment 6-days a week.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide instruction to line workers for all packing related tasks and jobs (grading, weight, packing, labeling, date monitoring, etc.)
- Train and coach new hires.
- Monitor the performance of new and long term employees and provide feedback to production manager and human resources in order to issue discipline as required.
- Coordinate pack schedule with the production manager ensure that all employees work efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Ensure that all line employees wear proper attire (lab coats, hairnets, gloves etc.).
- Ensure line employees follow company policies as set out in the employee handbook.
- Report any incidents or concerns to the production manger.
- Grading and regrading product to meet specifications for specific customers.
- Report poor quality issues with product to production manager.
- Report poor quality with packaging materials to production manger.
- Follow all food safety guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment during production.
- Following production at the end of the day ensure through cleaning of conveyor belts, tables and equipment to meet food safety regulations.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of production needs of produce (i.e. cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and egg plant)
- Ability to lead by example, coach, train, and motivate employees to meet goals
- Work closely with other departments in order to meet production and logistic requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing (i.e. email)
- Ability to read and interpret orders and make decisions regarding priorities and needs
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 23 kg / 50 lbs.)
- Able to climb stairs and stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Work in a temperature controlled environment of approximately 13 ËšC / 55 ËšF.
- The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.