3 lb (1.3 kg) Mucci Farms Roma Tomatoes
¼ cup Mucci Farms Naked Leaf Living
¼ cup olive oil
1 large onion, diced
6 cloves of garlic, diced
3 tbsp. fresh thyme
Salt and pepper,
· Fill a large pot ¾ full of water, add salt and bring to a boil.
· Make a shallow cut along the side of each tomato. Place tomatoes
in boiling water until the skins begin to crack, 20-40 seconds. Remove
immediately and place in ice water. Once cool, peel the skin off of
the tomatoes, remove the cores and chop into chunks.
· In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced onions
and sauté for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add in tomatoes, garlic,
thyme and basil and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
· Simmer sauce on medium-low heat for an hour, stirring occasionally. Press
down on tomatoes periodically while cooking to help break them down.
· For a smoother sauce, pour into a blender and blend until desired smoothness.
· Add salt and pepper to taste.