5 Mucci Farms Tomatoes on the Vine
150 g (5.3 oz) sausage, casings removed
½ cup onion
2 tbsp. canned diced green chilies
1 tsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. Cholula hot sauce or
¼ cup cilantro
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup guacamole
¼ cup crunchy tortilla strips
· Slice tops off tomatoes and hollow out with a spoon; set aside tomatoes.
Coarsely chop tops and scooped out tomato flesh; set aside.
· In an oven proof skillet, cook sausage over high heat until lightly browned.
Stir in chopped tomato, onion, chilies, garlic, cumin, and hot sauce. Cook
for another 4 minutes.
· Remove from heat, arrange tomatoes into mixture cut side up; crack and
egg into each cavity.
· Bake in a preheated 400 ËšF (204 ËšC) oven for 20 minutes. Let cool 2-4 minutes
· Serve topped with cilantro, sour cream, guacamole and tortilla strips.