Advantages of "Greenhouse Grown"
· All year round growing, availability and consistent quality of the produce therefore, we can
pick at the peak of ripeness to insure optimum taste and deliver fresh.
· Completely Non GMO varieties.
· Greenhouse vegetables offer safe foods for your family. We continue year round food safety
program, and annual audits are performed by Primus.
· Ability to control temperature and humidity - Greenhouses are able to regulate
temperatures; as temperature fluctuations can stress plants and slow growth. Therefore, we
can create the perfect growing environment for our plants to thrive and become flavourful.
· Our state of the art greenhouses are biologically controlled with the use of Integrated Pest
Management (IPM). IPM is a proactive program designed to control the population of
undesirable pests with the use of natural predators. IPM works by identifying potential pest
problems, monitoring populations, reducing pest populations and evaluating the
effectiveness of treatments. Effectively replacing the use of pesticides, IPM addresses pest
issues with insects found throughout nature, which means that we use “good bugs” to help
with pollination and to help eliminate the “bad bugs”.
· The heat for our greenhouses is created with biomass energy sources. Biomass is viewed as
one of the main renewable energy sources of the future, biomass is virtually carbon-neutral
and almost inexhaustible. Waste products generated from everyday living and efficiently
converting them into energy while capturing the CO2 for our plants.
· Growing in greenhouses protects your plants from adverse weather conditions and because
we are enclosed and we grow on elevated benches/troughs, we can achieve a high
caliber of cleanliness and security in our facilities.
· We recycle all of our leachate irrigation water to reduce our footprint on the environment.
· Our professional growing staff along with our Mucci Team provides year-round educational
tours for schools so students can come and learn about vegetable growing and